Creative, committed, and enthusiastic about making theatre?
STONECRABS Young Directors Training Programme 2014/2015 – OPEN CALL – deadline 10 September 2014
StoneCrabs Theatre is now recruiting for The Young Directors Training Programme. This vocational training for young directors has been running since 2005 and provides participants with a solid programme in which they can develop their creative potential as makers of theatre.
Not only will you work with leading theatre practitioners – you will deliver and direct a final practical project at The Albany Theatre in South East London.
The programme consists of a series of practical workshops and tutorials towards developing organisational, critical and directorial skills by exploring the nature of a director’s work as well as production, arts management and backstage work. The sessions are led by StoneCrabs Artistic Directors, Franko Figueiredo and Kwong Loke, and various StoneCrabs Theatre Company Associates. Guest theatre practitioners are also brought in to aid the discovery of an international variety of theatre traditions and techniques and to assist you in unlocking your creative potential.
This is a FREE opportunity for aspiring theatre directors and those who are at the very beginning of their career.
So, we want to hear from you if you:
- are keen to work as a director in a professional theatre environment.
- can commit to 1½ days a week (Thursday evenings and All day Saturdays from 11 October 2014 till 28 February 2015)
- can commit to full time rehearsals
- can commit to the final showcase – full time for 1 week (February/March 2014)
- are aged 18 and over
What to do now?
Tell us about yourself (No more than 2 pages, using Arial font size 11 including the following information:
- What you’ve done, What you’re doing, What you’d like to do in the future,
- What you could bring to the StoneCrabs Directors Training Programme;
- What you expect to gain from the programme?
- The title and 100 word summary of the play you would like to direct (it can be any play as long as it is published, runs for no longer than 50 minutes and requires no more than 3 actors) and why did you chose this particular text.
- Your date of birth and full contact details.
Applications must reach StoneCrabs by 5pm, 10 September 2014.
Interviews are from Sept 18th – Programme starts on Saturday 11 October 2014.
There are only a few places available, so be persuasive.
Further selection stages will involve an informal interview.
More information and Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com
You can also contact the team on 020 8692 0231 ext 237 or visit www.stonecrabs.co.uk
StoneCrabs Young Directors Training Programme is presented in partnership with the Albany.