We’re proud to announce A Younger Theatre has been awarded Grants for the Arts funding from Arts Council England to support Incoming Festival, which we are co-curating festival with New Diorama Theatre. Grants for the Arts is the second source of funding we have secured for Incoming this month, after being awarded a grant from the Kevin Spacey Foundation, too.
The support from both Arts Council England and the Kevin Spacey Foundation will allow us to offer 15 emerging companies across across the UK the opportunity to take part within Incoming Festival. From the beginnings of Incoming Festival, emerging as an idea in early 2013, we have sought to present a professional and supportive festival with our partner, New Diorama Theatre. We couldn’t be more thrilled to be able to offer the companies this support, and audiences can look forward to a week of engaging and inspiring work.
Grants for the Arts funding will allow us to:
– Pay industry fees for participating companies
– Offer bursaries for four participating companies to develop their work beyond the festival
– Run a series of workshops led by professional theatre companies and practitioners for theatre-makers, audiences and critics
– Host a series of discussions with guest speakers from the theatre industry throughout the festival
– Effectively market Incoming, including a designated festival website and brochure
The Kevin Spacey Foundation’s grant will allow us to:
– Offer mentoring and guidance for the participating companies
– Develop a paid Festival Assistant role for an arts graduate
We’d like to thank Deborah Williams at Arts Council England for her wise words, and David Byrne and Jemima Lee at New Diorama Theatre for their continued assistance as we develop Incoming.
We’ll be announcing the line-up of the companies in the festival in January 2014.
Incoming runs from 19 – 25 May 2014