Mayfest is Bristol’s unique annual festival of contemporary theatre. As a growing festival featuring some of the best artists working and creating contemporary theatre, the Mayfest team are now seeking an intern to learn and develop their skills in Producing and Marketing. Previous interns who have worked with the festival have gone on to work with the BAC and Bristol Old Vic.
The festival itself runs from 5th – 15th May 2011, with the internship starting in February – working 2 days a week, and will see the successfull applicant working closely with the Artistic Directors and Project Manager of Mayfest. The internship is unpaid.
Duties will include:
– Marketing the festival online including social media campaigns
– Updating and Maintaining the Mayfest Press database
– Managing Listings for the festival
– Distribution of marketing materials
– Coordinating press interviews and editorial deadlines
– Supporting the event coordination
– Supporting the project manager
– Create artist packs
– Be hands on during the festival
– General office administration
For further information and for details on how to apply, see the Mayfest ‘Get Involved’ section of the website.
Don’t forget that Mayfest is back this May and taking over Bristol once again – stay tuned for festival updates including the 2011 line-up. All details available on the Mayfest website.